Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Katie, the Infamous Poet!

If you read my blog post titled What Took Me So Long? you would have read that I once wrote a poem about baseball... it was in 7th grade I believe. Anywho, I thought it would be nice to share it with you all......


Baseball


I'm up in the stands 
The sun is real hot
The fans are laughing 
at the silly mascot
We start up the wave 
and begin to shout
This is what the game 
is all about


There is a runner on second 
and a runner on third
They get a lead off 
without saying a word
They start to run 
at the crack of the bat
They slide in safe, 
Imagine That!


The game is over 
The home team has won
Being at the ballpark
Is so much fun!!

By: Katie Johnson

LOL. I laugh every time I think of this poem. I was so darn proud of it. Hope you enjoyed it and it gave you a little chuckle!!! 

1 comment:

  1. Katie, that is adorable! You have such a talent and way with words. You really need to look into publishing a book :o)

    ReplyDelete