Thursday, January 27, 2011

I'm the Lucky One!

I guess I am always mentioning how lucky I am. I like to acknowledge all the amazing things and people in my life that make me so lucky. But there is one major person in my life that I do not feel gets the credit he amazingly deserves as much as he amazingly deserves it. My man - TJ. Oh sorry, I misspelled that... T.J. <~~better. lol


T.J. is the MAIN reason I am so lucky. He is the one that makes everything so possible. He works so hard to make sure us girls get/ have whatever we need. I know that doting on your hubby can be a big "cliche" fest. And that is mainly what this post is all about. In this case, however, it is sooooo true. It is definitely worth mentioning how awesome my man is. 


What is the main thing that makes T.J. so special? At this point in our lives, the answer to this is easy---- he truly understands how tough and important my job/role is in our family. And after a long day on the boat, he still comes home and helps me to the fullest. He is constantly reminding me to take some time to do some things for myself. And he always backs me up when there are things I feel I need to do. 


I get to stay at home with my sweet girl and watch her grow and learn everyday. This makes me so lucky and it is all thanks to how hard T.J. works and all that T.J. does. Going down to a one-income family has not been an easy transition. But T.J. has been willing to make the adjustments and to cut things out to make this possible for me. He has taken side jobs and worked on random things to earn a little extra money. Not to pay the bills.... our bills are paid. It was for Elleah and I ~ to have a little extra spending money for our girly afternoons out. 


T.J. (whether he admits it or not) is kinda wrapped up with his two girls. There really is not much we cannot get him to do. ;-) Especially the two of us together - although I cannot lie, Elleah is 90% of that. He can  be a "tough" guy. He likes to speak his mind and does not like to deal with too much crap. But he is MUSH sometimes. I love that soooo much about him. 


He is silly. Funny. At times, he is soooo random. He is thoughtful. Loving. Trustworthy. Honest. He always has my back. He always supports my hobbies and ideas. He is always trying to think of what HE can do to help make our family stronger every day. He does not subject us to drama. He is goofy. A prankster. A man willing to sing "The itsy bitsy spider" no matter how many times it is required (by a certain sweet girl). He is a man of God and prayer. A man of integrity and strength. He is never influenced to do the wrong thing. He loves to laugh and even more than that, he loves to make ME laugh. He is the best hubby and one of two of the best daddy's ever!!!!! Truly one of the good guys. 


I am so lucky I tell ya.... so so so so LUCKY!!





1 comment:

  1. Awww, Katie!!! This brought tears to my eyes and mostly because I know you are not just blowing smoke. The short time that I got to know T.J. makes me know that all you are saying is true. You and I have been so blessed in the same kind of ways...I think that's why I feel so close to you even though we are miles and miles apart!!
    Of course, you failed to mention T.J.'s love for goats!! ;-) Love you!!!

    ReplyDelete