Thursday, December 2, 2010

RRUUUUNNN little deer.... RUNNN

Its been awhile... Thanksgiving vacation in Texas took up a big chuck of my time. But it was a great trip! I did quite a few things I have NEVER done before... some I may do again, some I definitely will NOT ever do again! For starters... I made my own sausage! No, I did not kill a pig! I bought a boston butt pork roast, cut it up in chunks, GRINDED it, and then seasoned it. hahahahaha. I know, not a "katie" thing, but it was kinda fun! The best part... I got to play with a FoodSaver for like 2 whole hours. If you have not used one of those, do it. For some reason, that little machine is AwEsOmE! I packaged 16 bags of homemade pork sausage and brought it home with me! Yes I did!
I also did another little project that I never thought I would do (at least not WELL). I made 4 homemade pie crusts. Now, I love to cook, but I have always turned toward the Sandra Lee way of things and purchased my pie crusts frozen! It seriously is the way to go. But I had fun making these as well. I got flour EVERYWHERE and learned that an apron really does have a purpose. 
Finally, I did something I swore I would never do..... I woke up at 5 o'clock in the morning on PURPOSE!! Ok not just that... I went hunting with TJ. Can you believe that??? I went out there in my furry boots, my black leggings, and TJ's mom's camo jacket! hahahaha. I climbed a ladder into a TREE and sat there with my husband who was holding a loaded gun and drinking coffee! I doubt I ever go again... not really for MY sake, but for TJ's. Most of you know me.... I talk too much! haha. Guess what? Talking while hunting is not kosher - who knew?!? And who knew that THAT would be the moment you find 8935789573498573 things to talk about!!??! I did have fun using two fingers to point at my eyes, and then point at the trees like I "heard something." Oh and then... I had to potty! Um.... there was no way I was pottying in the woods! NO FREAKIN WAY! So I climbed down out of the tree by MYSELF and ran (literally) all the way back to the house! I pottied. I could not go back out there, so my day of hunting was done! It was a LONG 45 minutes! And really, it is just as well I do not go... because should I ever see a deer while I am out there, I would start yelling "RRUUUUNNN little deer.... RUNNN." 
Got to see family and eat tons of great food...... I always sleep great there..... and did a little Christmas gifting! So that trip = Success! 
Enjoying her new bean bag!!

2 comments:

  1. OMG, hilarious. I know this is all true and your normal life, but it reads like a sitcom. Seriously, you're so funny girl :o) Oh, and I would be right there with you yelling for the deer to RUUUUUUUUUUNNNNNNNNNNNN! :o)

    ReplyDelete