Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Oh Christmas Tree.....


Last year, Elleah was only 4 1/2 months old when Christmas rolled around! We sat her in her bumbo, let her grab at the presents, took pics, and then opened them for her. She would smile and shake the toy that we gave her and all was calm and happy!!


THIS YEAR.....
We have not even made it to Christmas and my 16 month old is wreaking havoc around the Christmas tree. At this point in her life, she as learned that inside those wrapped packages are something that not only does she WANT, but NEEDS (apparently). She thinks that she was put on this earth to unwrap those presents! And while that is kinda true, she does not think she needs to wait. Every time we are watching a Christmas show, and the presents come out, she runs to the tree and pokes the presents. Yes, she pokes them! She is also pretty sure that the balls on the Christmas tree are edible. I don't know, maybe she dreams of glittery apples. I know personally, I would kill for a glittery apple. But ya know, life is not fair sometimes. 


I kinda want to know what is running through that child's head. When I say "No Elleah, do not touch the tree," she says, "No No No," and then touches the tree. When I say, "No Elleah, do not touch the presents," she says "No No No," and then touches the presents. When she is able to sneak about 3 bows off 3 poor unsuspecting presents, she lines them up on a present that already has bows, runs away, and laughs. I am pretty sure she thinks that she is getting away with something. And maybe she is. But sometimes you just have to sit back and WATCH. 


Aside from the Christmas tree, it is worth mentioning that she has found where I stash the Christmas cookies. Oh no, she is NOT afraid to go get them. She pushes a dining chair across the floor until she runs into the counter, climbs on the chair, and OPENS the lid (a plastic little cover) to the tray I have the cookies on. She then gently sets the cookie on the chair, starts climbing down, and by the time she gets down, Austin has eaten the cookie and she starts ALL OVER AGAIN! 


I, of course, wouldn't have it any other way... but she cracks me up....


........And it is only December 13th!!

YEAR 1.....



 YEAR 2....


No comments:

Post a Comment