Sunday, November 14, 2010

Katie the Creative! lol

I have always loved trying to be creative and working on crafts. Mostly scrapbooks and painting. In fact, I painted all of our Christmas ornaments the first year we were married and we still use them to this day! However, not long after I had Elleah I decided to try my hand at sewing! Turns out, I am not too bad at it (If I do say so myself).  Either that, or I am blinded by love ~ because I LOVE to sew. Who knew, right?? I started sewing because I wanted Elleah to have something special to wear to cheer for her Uncle Mike on Sundays. So I made this.....
Sorry its blurry! 






















I have since gotten better and have really been enjoying myself. I set up a room in my house with a special area just for me! TJ bought me an embroidery machine (awesome hubby right?) and now... you can barely get me out of that room! Aside from dresses, I have made bows, tutus, pillows, blankets, slippers, robes, cloth napkins, and have been embroidering everything from onesies to towels. Here are pics of just a few of them......















 



















Just thought I would share.... 
PS~ I spent more time trying to get these pics STRAIGHT on this page (my ocd was kicking in) than necessary...... and they are still all funky!! Makes me crazy!!! lol... literally!

3 comments:

  1. You do such a great job! Did you teach yourself?!?! Amazing!!! Elleah is so cute in her Falcons dress... you totally caught her mid-cheer :o)
    Oh, and about the pictures being straight, I am the same way. I hate how this blogspot does the pictures. I wish I could just drag them to a location and they would stick. Geez!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it all Katie!!! WANT the blanket xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks!! Cheryl that blanket is TJ's mom's Christmas present..lol. She loves to hunt so I was going with the business in the front, party in the back train of thought! lol

    ReplyDelete