Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Close the bathroom door.....

My my my my my.... how things change. I remember being in 11th grade Chemistry class - Ms Flummerfelt's class as I recall - and everyday, from where I sat, I saw this sign that said "What is Zinc? It is what you do when you can't Zwim!!" haha. And while that quote has NOTHING to do with this post, I thought I would throw that out there. Now I do remember sitting in that class, totally not paying attention (because who needs Chemistry?! ;-)) and thinking of things I would and would not do when I got older. Silly to think about some things when you are that young, since ya know, most of them change by the time you are 27 anyway. For instance, I once sat in Chemistry and thought I will never marry a guy in the military - what a mess that would be. I also thought I am never having kids - who wants to have to deal with lack of sleep and baby poo? I have also learned about a lot of stuff that I never thought I would have to even think about....


I have learned that the very deep south of Texas is FREAKING hot and that while this GA/FL weather may seem hot at times, I thank God that I no longer have to deal with DST heat!! I have also learned that dishwashers are essential to a happy/healthy life. I have learned not to wash clothes and then leave them in the washing machine too long (who knew). I have learned that being able to drive is not as much fun as I thought it would be when I was 15. I have learned not to leave the AC on 60 degrees - that bill at the end of the month is NOT ok. I learned that Mom and Dad were actually mostly right, but do NOT tell them I said this.


More than anything, Elleah has taught me so much. More than ANY teacher or parent could possible teach someone. Having her taught me that there are times when it is ok to say YES to drugs. Also, that I should always leave the bathroom doors closed (for more than one reason). She has taught me how to play 98 toothpick pick-up. Fun time but don't recommend it. She taught me that between the couch cushions is an excellent place to hide things..... I now stash all my fine jewelry and spare cash in there. She taught me that if there is anything I do not like, I can feed it to the dogs, they will eat it. She has taught me that being clean is not everything, its ok to be covered in dirt, food, and snot - apparently. She taught me how to get crayon off the wall..... baby food jars out of the toilet..... and dried jello out of Gracie's fur!! I've learned all about true, unconditional love. She has taught me to never let her play with anything in the store that I am not prepared to buy. I can go on and on...


I just think it is funny that when you are 16-17 years old, you think a certain way and think things ARE a certain way. Wow, I never thought things would change so much. HAHAHA. It cracks me up! When I was younger, all I wanted to do was grow up. Now that I am getting older.... all I want to do be a 6 year old kid again. But I want to be a kid again with the knowledge I have now - Oh and with a 1 year old.... haha... don't judge me.... I love that girl!! 




Close the freakin bathroom door Katie...geeeez



No comments:

Post a Comment