Sunday, March 20, 2011

Katie and Texas, Texas and Katie!

Ah, spent another week in Texas. Katie and Texas, Texas and Katie. We are like two peas in a pod. Hahaha. Not really. I always have a nice and relaxing time when I am there, but I am just not used to living 45 minutes away from a loaf of bread. By golly, if I need some milk, I like to be able to get up and go get my milk. In Texas (the town TJ's parents live in), you spend more money in gas going to get the bread or milk, than you do on the actual items. But on the brighter side, it is so quiet and relaxing out there. We spent most of the time relaxing in a yard swing under the trees watching Elleah play. She loves it out there because there is just no limit to where she can go and play. Elleah insists on being the official chicken feeder. It is adorable when she runs out towards the pen yelling "nicken, nicken". hahaha. Ever heard of a gourd? Yeah, me neither. But apparently birds like to nest in them and TJ's dad had some, so I painted them up! I know it was  little rowdy of me to go there, but birds like pretty houses too. He wanted them red white and blue, and they are. But I added swirlies and dots, flowers and stars. hehe. Hope he liked them!!! Know what else I did in Texas? Wait for it.... wait for it.... I teamed up with TJ's mom and beat TJ and his dad in a game on canasta! Yep!! Wild Katie strikes again! Great stay, but glad to be headed home. We got what we needed to get done and now I need to start that process at my own house!! Spring Cleaning, gardening, and organizing.... here I come!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment