Sunday, February 12, 2012

Love is Always in the Air!

TJ and I have never celebrated Valentine's Day like some do. Do we buy each other cards?? Eh, not really! Big stuffed bears?? Nah, waste of money! Chocolates? Of course, but we don't actually present them to each other on vday like two Cupid struck lovers! I love TJ, almost more than anybody! But I don't just love him on Feb 14th!! I love him Feb 15th-Feb 13th too!! With that being said, I'm not anti-Valentine's Day either, I'm fine either way! Having Elleah makes things a little bit more interesting though. I don't need special days for her, but I love having things to celebrate WITH her! I decided that I would let her make special Valentine's cards for all the special people in our lives!! While I don't think it is necessary to celebrate Valentine's Day like two love birds with TJ, I do think it is a great opportunity to remind everyone that we L<3VE them and think of them!! So I laid out construction paper, stickers, pipe cleaners, glue, paint, glitter, crayons, markers, foam paper, and more!!! I invited some friends and their little ones over too!! What is more fun than making a biiiiiig mess with friends?? I let E make whatever she wanted on each card and then asked her who we should give it to! I helped her with name options, but she chose the end results!! I hope you all get your cards in time for Valentine's Day!! ;-) hehehe.



So TJ and I are laying in bed one night, both online, and he sees this invite to the Daddy Daughter Dance on base! Without hesitating, he mentions that he'd love to take Elleah. My heart melted because I just knew she would love nothing more than to go on a date with her daddy and that he was serious about taking her. I decided to make her a twirly skirt and top (the corset style that she loved so much) to match this zebra print shoes she always calling her "princess" shoes and dancing shoes!! She did not pose very well for pics, but here are a few pics of the end result. Notice how dapper Mr Runnels looks!!!! ;-)








After the dance, TJ informed me that while Elleah loved going in and watching, she got shy on the dance floor. He was able to slow dance with her a few times, but she mostly just loved the chocolate fountain and grapes! lol. When they got home, we turned on the music and all three danced! It was so much fun!!

And then TJ made us these this morning.... We love him so much!!!




Happy Valentine's Day!!!

2 comments:

  1. So SWEET! I love the way you ALL <3 eachother!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish it didn't say anonymous so I knew who commented! lol. But thank you - we have a good time!!!

    ReplyDelete