Thursday, April 28, 2011

I Hate this Week!

I guess not every week can be awesome! This week has been anything BUT awesome. A few small things, that seem insignificant now, started my week off. Actually it started LAST WEEK. By Thursday, I had to take TJ to the ER with pains in his side. Turned out, his spleen had ruptured with a fracture in it and was bleeding into his stomach. They took him by ambulance to a larger hospital in Jacksonville where they were more equipped to perform emergency surgery if it came to that. He spent 3 days in ICU and then moved to a step down room to be tested for reasons why his spleen did this. No, he was NOT kicked in the spleen area and had no other traumas like that. He had been running fever for 2 weeks prior and they need to find out why his fevers never go away. He is still in the hospital now, and we are hoping to know something more soon! Luckily he never needed surgery. 


Mom, Dad, Mike, Teal, Aunts, Uncles, and cousins are ALL in Cancun. I hope they are having an awesome time. I am not going to lie though.... I wish Mom and Dad were here with me. I guess it doesn't matter how old you get, when things get stressful, you want your mommy. I have been doing the best I can though. I hope it has been enough. Balancing my time with him and the time I need to be with Elleah has been tricky. TJ and I both agree that Elleah is our #1 priority though. Thanks to some awesome friends, she has been very well cared for when I cannot be here. I really really cannot stress enough how lucky I feel to have met these people and that they are the ones in my life right now while we go through this rough time. Even those that just called to check in..... it means the world to me that they are thinking of us. I hope that is goes without saying that I am forever grateful and will definitely be there for any one of you for ANYTHING! Love you guys! 


Well, Mom sent me and Elleah a present for every day that she is in Cancun. So I am off to open up my "Thursday" goody. Although I must admit, I have not been going in order; neither has Elleah. ;-)






Please continue your prayers for TJ. And if you haven't already, read my post that I posted a while back called "I'm the Lucky one". It really is true and so important right now, because TJ is the ONLY person keeping me sane and he is the one in the hospital.... that is just how awesome he is!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment