Thursday, February 24, 2011

Quirky Katie

Somebody (quite a few people actually) once mentioned that my blogs are funny. I intend for them to be READABLE for sure, but the funny comes from my thought process. When I started blogging again, I told myself that I would write my blogs the same way I THINK and not try to edit them to make more sense. I think in short sentences. Sometimes it comes across as 'lists'. Sometimes, I do not even finish a thought before I move on to another topic. I speak this way too! Anyone who has EVER had a 3 minute convo with me before knows that I can be in MID SENTENCE, change to another story, and then reroute back to my original story. I confuse so many people. I am not sure why I do this.... maybe they are blonde moments, maybe I have too much on my mind, or maybe I am just flat out weird. I am going with answer C. ;-) 


Another quirky thing about me: I use the words AND, UM, and LIKE too much. I even use them together. Example, "I was at the store and um like, they were selling bananas." Swear I do this. I try to catch myself but it still comes out. I'm odd, I know.  


Anybody ever notice how I use '........' too much!? I use '...........' when I need to think for a sec or when I pause because I have a brain toot. In fact, I prefer '........' over commas and hyphens. When I am typing, I am not sure why I need to '........' things in order to think for a sec, its not like the person reading KNOWS that I needed to think for a sec. Ah Katie, you are strange. 


Not weird enough for ya yet? I count.... like EVERYTHING! (notice how I used like right there) I count sections of sidewalk, cabinets, light posts on bridges, train cars when I sit at a train, and anything else you may think of, I count it!!! Chances are, if there is more than 4 of something, I have counted them.


PS~I cannot be the only person that still uses air quotes can I? I use them. All the time. I kinda use them like it is my JOB! I could get paid to use air quotes, I would BANK


PSS~I love saying PS too. ;-)


Side Story:
I have also been asked why my blog is named Katie.... or Something Like That?! Well, that is because when I first made this blog a few years back, I filled in the section that said Name, and I put Katie. What I did not realize until later was this it did not want MY name but the name of my blog (blondeness, dont judge me). So when I came BACK to my blog a little while ago, I needed to rename it so I did not look like a ree ree. But I couldn't think of anything so I was like "well, I can keep it 'Katie' for now.... or something like that, whatever." Well, then I laughed and thought to myself "Katie....or something like that! Yeah that is pretty much ME" hahaha. 

2 comments:

  1. I love how u write.... and think. LoL! I definitely use air quotes and get off topic too so don't feel too bad. We need to get together and get the girls together next time ur in town and have time.

    Ps- love ur blog title!

    Pss- I wondered about the name but never asked.

    Psss- glad u cleared it up

    :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Honey.............(sorry I forgot where I as going with this) Got it, I love you being quirky and strange. I'm not alone any more and um like I feel more comfortable around people when you're around!

    ReplyDelete